Prevention Is the Key To Maintaining Good Oral health
Healthy teeth that look great and function properly can boost your self confidence. At our Queen Anne dental office, we believe prevention to be the best medicine. We offer our patients routine preventive services like routine dental exams, cleanings, and oral hygiene education.
Regular check-ups, cleanings, and x-rays when appropriate can help identify oral health problems before they blossom into bigger, more expensive and painful problems later on. Our main goal is to prevent dental issues that will prevent you from having that beautiful, healthy smile.
Optimal Oral Health Promotes Overall Bodily Health
Healthy teeth with proper routine prevention is also essential for promoting overall health. Many recent studies have shown a strong connection between chronic oral diseases and serious diseases of the body like heart disease, respiratory disease, and diabetes, to name a few. Keeping this in mind, preventive treatments combined with our state-of-the-art dental care can actually improve your overall health.
Professional Dental Cleanings and Exams
The important parts of preventive care are regular exams and cleanings by Dr. Chiang and Dr. Goel at our Queen Anne dental office. Preventative services are the best defense we have against the development of serious, potentially painful and expensive oral health problems.
- Dental Exams allow us to thoroughly evaluate your oral health. We focus on your entire mouth to detect problems that may be developing, i.e. gum disease and tooth decay.
- Digital x-rays allow us detect early problems developing beneath the surface. This allows us to address these problems before they become serious.
- Routine Dental Cleanings eliminate plaque/tartar that cannot be removed at home with brushing and flossing. These cleanings are an effective, vital defense against the development of gum disease. We will work with you to develop a plan that allows us to stay on top of receiving your regular cleanings
- Fluoride treatments are another effective weapon in helping to maintain oral health. But everyone’s fluoridation needs are different, and — especially in the case of children — periodic exams can help us determine if fluoride should be a regular part of your preventive regimen.
- Sealants are a thin, protective plastic coating applied to the grooves on the chewing surface of your teeth. Sealants can eliminate deep grooves in your molars, preventing those grooves from trapping plaque, and turning into cavities.
If you have a busy lifestyle, dental exams and cleanings may unfortunately not be a high priority for you. If you’re not experiencing obvious signs of dental problems, like pain or swelling, it may not seem like a big deal to put off your dental appointment.
The problem is that tooth decay and gum disease can do significant damage even before they start to hurt or cause discomfort. This is the reason why the American Dental Association advocates biannual dental checkups and cleanings.
Please Schedule a Convenient Appointment that Fits Your Schedule
We know you and your family may have a busy lifestyle, so we will try to accommodate you with extended hours and Saturday appointments. Our flexible financing options allow you to afford the care you need. We accept third-party financing options and most major insurance plans.
We will strive to schedule the appointments for you and your family on the same day, for your convenience, that way you don’t have to make multiple visits to our office. Same-day emergency appointments are available if necessary. Please contact our dental office in Queen Anne to schedule an appointment.