Invisalign®- clear alternative to braces in Queen Anne and Seattle WA
Do you dream of having a straight, healthy smile, but the thought of wearing braces just seems unappealing? Pure Dental Arts in Seattle WA has a solution for you. Our team offers Invisalign® treatment for Queen Anne and Seattle WA patients who are looking to improve the health and appearance of their smile.
Orthodontic treatments, like Invisalign® aligners, have changed the way we straighten misaligned teeth. It is a time-tested and safe solution for enhancing smiles and boosting self-confidence.
Dr. Chiang and Dr. Goel have helped many patients realize the dream of having healthy, perfectly aligned teeth — and you can, too by Invisalign treatment! Call us today for a FREE consultation.
How Does Invisalign® Work?
One of the first things patients ask when recommended this type of orthodontic treatment is, “How does Invisalign® treatment work?” Invisalign clear aligners work similarly to traditional orthodontic braces, but there are some clear differences.
Invisalign® treatment uses a series of clear aligner trays to straighten teeth. With each successive aligner, the teeth are further nudged into proper position. This is similar to the way braces are tightened and adjusted over time to bring teeth into alignment.
The length of therapy and the number of Invisalign trays used are determined by your specified course of treatment.
Invisalign® aligners are made of a smooth, plastic material that is comfortable and eliminates irritation. They are also removable and are made to be taken out when eating, brushing, and flossing. If you play contact sports, Invisalign® aligners can be removed, allowing you to wear a protective mouthguard. Invisalign treatment times vary by individual, but results are typically achieved in about 12-18 months for adults, with slightly longer treatment times for teens and young adults.
Conditions Treated with Invisalign Aligners
Invisalign® aligners can be used to address a variety of dental conditions, including:
• Crooked/misaligned teeth (malocclusion)
• Gaps between teeth (diastema)
• Open bite
Invisalign® vs. Braces: What’s Right for Me?
For many years, traditional metal braces were the only available option for those looking to straighten their teeth. Then along came Invisalign® aligners. And, as the saying goes, the rest is history. As Invisalign® clear aligners become more popular every year, many people are curious about the pros and cons of Invisalign® vs. braces.
Let’s dive into the pros and cons of Invisalign® clear aligners and conventional braces!
Benefits of Invisalign® Treatment
There are a number of benefits to choosing Invisalign® treatment. These include:
• Cosmetic considerations. Since Invisalign® clear aligners are virtually invisible, most people will never be able to tell that you are wearing an orthodontic device. This makes them the perfect orthodontic option for individuals who are self-conscious about their appearance.
• Clear aligners are removable. One of the great things about Invisalign® clear aligners is that they can be removed to brush, floss, and eat. This isn’t only convenient, but also helps maintain health throughout the duration of orthodontic treatments. With conventional metal braces, food and biofilms can accumulate around the brackets, which can increase the risk of cavities and other dental health issues. Also, unlike Invisalign clear aligners, traditional braces can restrict your food options.
• They’re more comfortable. The brackets of traditional braces tend to chafe the inside of the cheek, making them uncomfortable. Also, wires can become bent while eating, which can cause some pain and discomfort. Invisalign® clear aligner trays are smooth to the touch and precisely molded for your teeth using digital dental scans.
• Fewer office visits. Since Invisalign® aligner trays are designed using digital workflows, patients can expect fewer appointments with their dentist in comparison to traditional orthodontics.
• Invisalign® treatment is often faster than braces. Because each new tray is precisely formed to target certain areas, Invisalign® treatment is typically faster than conventional braces. Every few weeks you will return to the dentist’s office to receive your custom aligners.
Teeth straightening Affects Oral Health
A beautiful smile is important, but it is also vital to protect your dental health by addressing alignment issues as soon as possible. Misaligned teeth make it harder to clean your teeth, and can often result in gum disease.
Recent research has established that the health of our mouth has a direct impact on the health of the whole body. These studies suggest a direct correlation between long-term diseases of the mouth and serious health problems like cardiac disease, respiratory disease, diabetes, and stroke.
Orthodontic Options to Fit Your Needs and Lifestyle
Invisalign® treatment is a convenient and effective method that corrects tooth alignment problems. We listen to your needs and, taking your treatment goals into consideration, help you decide which option best fits your lifestyle and achieves your desired results.
Why You Might Choose Traditional Metal Braces Over Invisalign® Treatment
Despite all the benefits of Invisalign® aligners, traditional braces still have their place in modern orthodontics. Some of the reasons you might choose traditional braces over Invisalign® include:
- Complex movements. If your treatment plan involves complex movements, such as closing large gaps between teeth, you may be better off selecting traditional braces over Invisalign®. Even with the many advancements of clear aligners, there are still some indications where they are not the best option.
- Cost. While the cost difference between Invisalign® treatment and traditional braces has narrowed over the last decade, some orthodontic treatment plans may be more expensive with Invisalign® compared to traditional braces.
- Invisalign comes with responsibility. If you are selecting an orthodontic device for a teenager, it should be made clear that treatment success is dependent upon their willingness to wear the aligners. The ability to remove Invisalign clear aligners is a blessing and a curse; the patient may not wear the trays for the recommended length of time each day, and worse: the patient may misplace their aligners, which means you must pay to replace the aligner.
Only through an in-person assessment will you be able to determine whether Invisalign® clear aligners are the right orthodontic option for you. Please contact our Seattle WA office to learn more.
Does Invisalign® Braces Hurt?
The Invisalign® alignment trays are designed to be ergonomic, smooth, and comfortable. Pure Dental Arts in Seattle WA has right equipment to create precise models of your teeth. This allows us to plan and every step of the treatment process.
While you should feel some light pressure from the tray, Invisalign® clear aligners should never chafe the inner cheek or cause pain. If you notice any type of pain, please contact our Seattle WA office right away.
Is Invisalign® Better than Braces?
To answer the question of whether Invisalign® braces is better than braces, it’s important to note that recommendations will vary on a case-by-case basis. Traditional metal braces are often recommended to individuals that require significant teeth movements. In general, Invisalign® braces is recommended to those looking for a nearly undetectable treatment option the delivers results that are comparable to traditional braces.
Only an in-person assessment will let us to establish whether Invisalign® treatments are the right option for you. Pure Dental Arts in Seattle WA provides free consultations so that we can assess your current dental health and prescribe a course of treatment.
Simply click either one of the consultation links at the bottom of this page to get started.
How Long Should Invisalign® Trays Be Worn?
To get the most out of your treatment, you should wear your Invisalign® trays for at least 20 to 22 hours per day, unless otherwise directed by the doctors at Pure Dental Arts. Essentially this means that your clear aligner trays should be worn at all times unless you are eating, brushing, or flossing. You should also attend follow-up appointments so we can track your progress and stay on top of your treatment plan.
Is Invisalign® Cheaper than Braces?
Wondering if Invisalign® is cheaper than braces? Thanks to advancements in the production of this breakthrough orthodontic technology, the cost of Invisalign® is now comparable to that of braces.
According to the Consumer’s Guide to Dentistry, metal brackets typically cost somewhere between $3,000 and $7,000. Invisalign® treatments will run most patients somewhere between $3,000 and $7,000. Of course, these figures are all dependent on the length and complexity of the treatments.
Through a consultation with the team at Pure Dental Arts in Seattle WA, we can provide an estimate for your total treatment costs. We also have flexible financing options available to make orthodontic treatments affordable for a vast majority of patients.
What about Teeth Whitening with Invisalign?
It may seem that teeth whitening with Invisalign® trays seems like a convenient way to whiten teeth, but there few things to consider. Teeth have heightened sensitivity during teeth straightening, which can complicate therapy if the whitening isn’t performed under the supervision of a dentist. Plus, if your Invisalign® treatment requires attachments, those spots on the teeth would not receive the same level of whitening.
Invisalign® clear aligners are shaped like whitening trays, so it makes it convenient to whiten teeth under the supervision of dentist.
Take the Next Step to a Beautiful Smile with a Complimentary Consultation
Our goal at Pure Dental Arts in Seattle WA is to provide personalized care and make it easy for patients to obtain the care they need, when they need it. That is why we offer flexible financing as well as convenient hours, including Saturday and evening appointments.
Please contact our Queen Anne Seattle WA dental office so we can arrange a complimentary consultation. With our teeth straightening treatment options, you will be all set for a beautiful look. We look forward to seeing you!